Well, to get more followers I am suppose to blog everyday. That may be a little hard to do, but I will make an effort to blog more often.
So I will start a... Lessons in Life my Dogs have Taught Me. I have read many dog stories by various authors. "Marley" of course was very enjoyable to read, because either my dogs performed the same feats of distruction as he did, or made me realize my dogs weren't as bad. Then "10 Secrets my Dog Taught Me" by Carlo De Vito, was enjoyable mainly because it was about a German Short haired Pointer, and I was curious how our Otto comparted to Mr De Vito's Exley. What I learned was Otto is FAR more needy, and probably not your average GSH Pointer. Exley loved the water, Otto hates the water. Exley was left alone when Mr DeVito went to work, Otto cried and whinned whenever he was left alone. Anyway, what does this have to do with Lessons in Life? Otto has taught me to Never Give Up. He can be most annoying at times, but that determination is to be envied by anyone who has folded under pressure. Otto is a loyal friend with very expression-filled eyes and even though he has caused so many problems, we accept him for who he is. He knows what he likes and what he doesn't. Keep him away from water, vacuum cleaners and thunder storms. Allow him to run every day, make sure his best friends Bo and Bandit are always near by, and give him a reason to point once in a while. Most important always leave a little space next to yourself on the couch, so he can flop down, lean next to you, and feel secure!
No comments:
Post a Comment