Rabies and distemper were on the menu for Otto. The assistant calls him Mr Otto, and talks to him as she picks him up and puts him on the table. For the exam and the shots she continues to hold him tight, as I looked into his eyes. "Its ok," I tell him, "Good boy". His weight is good, a couple small chips have come off his back molars but it probably doesn't bother him, and yes, one nail is split, he has has his share of split nails over the years... but overall a good checkup and he was very happy to leave. Bandit's turn will be next month. I like to spread them out when I can.
What else happens every spring? Hair cuts.
Time to snip the long belly fur, and what I call their skirts. An area under their tails, that I am sure, creates a padding when sitting in the cold, cold snow. Not needed in the warm weather.
Fur that most likely has made its way into a birds nest for great insulation.
I am not a professional groomer but the outcome is pretty good anyway.
It has been a cold spring, so the bath for all three that would finish the procedure will have to wait until its a little warmer outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment